Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 100 - seeing great miracles

Mom,

This week was great! We saw some great miracles! On Monday, we started teaching a lady from Veracruz, Mexico named C.. She is one of the nicest ladies ever!! She's really involved in her Catholic church and absolutely loves going to church, but she loves talking to us as well. She got a Book of Mormon from a few missionaries about a year ago, and 2 weeks ago on her way to Florida, she read the first few chapters and she says she loves it! She keeps telling us about how she just can't put it down sometimes because it interests her so much. She might progress a little slower than most because she loves Catholicism, but I'm sure she'll come around in the future as she continues to read the Book of Mormon.

On Tuesday, I had to go to a Dr. appointment in Indy, so we drove up there and after what seemed to be a waste of time at the appointment, we started heading back to Columbus. On our way back, I had the feeling to go and visit E., one of my old investigators in Indianapolis. I told myself that we were already on our way to our area and we needed to get back to work, but then the impression persisted. I decided to turn around and head back to the west side of the city to visit E. When she opened the door, she was so excited to see me. She thought she'd never see me again and she was really happy. She then told me something that explained why I had received the impression to visit her. She said that she had still been confused as to what to do in regards to the Church. She had been praying and asking God to help her know what she should do and she said that seeing me there was another sign to her that she needs to commit herself to the Church. She told me she was going to set a goal to be baptized when the missionaries came over. I was so glad that I was able to be guided by the Lord to know what to do.

On Thursday, we were tracting in a trailer park (that's all we do) and we found a young hispanic lady named I. She had 2 little girls and spoke perfect English. She told us she was Catholic, but she was very open and gave us some of her time. We shared a message with her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what Christ expects of us. We talked a lot about faith, repentance, and then baptism. When we started talking about baptism, she asked us what we thought about infant baptisms. We told her that it's great that parents want to do that service for their children, but since repentance is a pre-requisite to baptism, it doesn't make any sense to baptize babies. She said she felt the same way and that she had always had that question. She told us to come back this week and talk more! We just need to find those people who are prepared and asking the right questions!

On Saturday, we went to a sealing! There is a member named Angie who was baptized when I was in my first area, and she's Dominican, so I also taught her parents for a while. She attends the YSA branch in Indy and she invited me to come to her sealing! So we went and it was cool to see a sealing for the first time! It was a lot shorter than I expected... but I liked it! 

Conducting sacrament meeting went well yesterday. Luckily it was fast and testimony meeting, so it was pretty easy, but I'll be doing it again next week so we'll see how it goes. 

It's crazy to think that my mission is ending! It has been the best experience and I'm excited to keep up the pace for these next couple of weeks! I love you Mom and I'll see you soon!

Love,
Elder Thayne
Hermano Rene Rodriguez came down from Elkhart (4 hours away!) to visit us and take us to lunch. This man is one of my favorite guys in the world, and I'm so glad that the Lord led us to him

No comments:

Post a Comment