Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 99 - Biking it up!

Mom,

This week was a tough one, but it was great!! We worked really hard this week and I don't plan on slowing down in the slightest over the next few weeks. We have some solid people we're working with and good things are happening here in Columbus!! 

We're currently teaching a 15 year old girl named C. She is so solid! Her dad and step-mom are really catholic and her birth mother is Jehovah Witness, so she has been really confused about religion in her life. Her parents absolutely love the missionaries and every time we go visit them, we inevitably get stuffed full of food even though we tell her step-mom we're not hungry and that we already ate. Her dad and step-mom are really open to us teaching their kids. We left all the kids with a couple of pamphlets about the Restoration last week and invited them to read em. We went back this week and C told us she read the pamphlet, and then she answered all of the "Additional Study" questions in the back!! We were shocked! Hardly anyone answers those questions! She really wanted to come to church yesterday, but they went out of town, so she'll come this week. 

We had to bike a lot this week!!! We made an unexpected trip to Greenwood, IN for interviews with Pres. Carlson and burned about 100 miles that day, so we were really close to reaching our mile allotment for the month so we had to pull out the ol' bicycles and bike around our huge area! I'm sure it wouldn't have been that bad if I wasn't so spoiled and used to having a full time car for the past 7 1/2 months.

Yesterday we got a call from the missionaries that took the place in my last area and they told me that everyone up there is doing well. They had a baptism on Saturday and they have 2 more scheduled with Luis and Leandro, the two guys found during my last week up there. Then they told me that R. M. showed up to church!!! She was the one that was supposed to be baptized in May and then disappeared. She finally broke up with her boyfriend and now there is nothing that is kee


ping her from being baptized. I was so happy to hear that and I really hope she can do it this time. 

Being in the branch presidency isn't too strange, but I did feel kind of out of place as we counted and deposited tithing yesterday after church.... weird. I will be conducting sacrament mtg for my last two Sundays and I can't believe it's actually coming to an end. I have never felt a greater sense of urgency and we're going to work harder than ever!! I love you Mom! I'll see you soon!

Love,
Elder Thayne

Proof of how flat Indiana actually is




A picture of our trip to do baptisms at the temple! Jenica, a 12 year old in our branch went for her first time, so we got to go with her family. The sun was really bright, so that's why we looks so strange

No comments:

Post a Comment